If you’re asked to list the top 5 most happening cities in the world, we’re sure that Dubai will be close to the top. That’s because Dubai is absolutely and without question, one of the most one of the most happening cities in the world today. The world’s Entertainment Capital, the Festival City, the City of Gold, the Shopping Capital of the Middle East – Dubai has so many appellations already. So what can you expect when you travel to Dubai, the Entertainment City?
- Arabian Adventures Desert Safari Dubai: Dune bashing, 4×4 dune driving, camel riding, sandboarding, quad-biking, hiking, plus a barbeque, belly dancing and henna painting as you relax in a sheikh’s robes.
- Helicopter Ride: The very best way to get a bird’s eye view of Dubai’s magnificent skyline, the desert and the coastlines all in one.
- Jet Skiing: Did you know that the Dubai Water Sports Association invites professional skiers to participate in the annual Water Ski Festival?
- Dubai Autodrome: Take your kids to Dubai Autodrome for some excitingly fast go-karting adventures. The 5.39km Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) track is used for international go-karting competitions.
- Wild Wadi Water Theme Park: Enjoy the 24 amazing rides and slides at the Wild Wadi Water Park which is located between Burj-al-Arab and Jumeirah Beach Hotel.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride: What better way to enjoy a view of the lovely sunrise over Dubai, the Dubai Marina and the desert?
- Wonderland and Splashland: Visit this theme park with your kids and enjoy water slides and rides of every imaginable kind.
- Scuba Diving: If you have a scuba diving license, Dubai’s reefs, exotic marine life, huge barracudas and many offshore wrecks will be your delight.
Cool Family Fun
- Dubai City Tour: The Dubai hop-on-hop-off bus tour is the best way to enjoy the best of Dubai in a few hours. It’s a safe, fully guided, multi-lingual commentary-enabled tour.
- Dhow Cruise: Cruise along Dubai’s glittering coastlines at night on a dhow. Listen to soothing Emirati music; enjoy some exotic belly dancing and a wonderful buffet dinner.
- Dubai Fountain Show: Watch the Dubai Dancing Fountain’s 30-minute choreographed light, water and music show. You’ll love the incredible soundtrack and the thousands of color-changing lights that throw up water up to 500 feet.
- Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo: Check out 140 plus marine creatures including Tiger Sharks and King Crocodiles in the aquarium and underwater zoo. The marine zoo also offers shark diving, cage snorkeling and scuba diving among the marine creatures.
- Ski Dubai: This indoor ski range place boasts of a 400-metre ski run, a unique quad lift, plus, get this – a black diamond run, indoors! For kids, there’s a snow park with snowmen, icy body slides, giant snow balls, toboggan runs, penguin shows, climbing towers and more.
- Dubai Festival City: This place is an entire city on its own with dining, shopping, dining, homes, entertainment, schools, hotels, and offices. DFC is located along the fabulous Dubai creek.
- Dubai Zoo: The newly-improved Dubai Zoo has a fantastic aviary, a butterfly park, family areas, Enjoy observing hordes of amazing animals in their natural habitat.
- Children’s City: Located at Dubai Creek Park, Children’s City is loaded with fun and educational activities on nature, science, space, culture and the human body.
Malls and Malls Galore
- Dubai Mall: The Dubai Mall consists of a 22-screen multiplex cinema, the Dubai Ski Rink, the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, KidZania and SEGA Republic. That’s more than enough entertainment to keep whole families entertained for days.
- Mall of the Emirates: This mall has the city’s the extremely popular Ski Dubai, the Dubai Community Theatre & Art Centre, Magic Planet (family entertainment zone), and Vox Cinemas.
- Ibn Battuta Mall: IBM has 6 courts named after the places to which Ibn Battuta, the 14th century explorer traveled – India, China, Persia, Egypt, Tunisia and Andalusia. The mall has a 21-screen IMAX theater along with a fabulous food court.
- Deira Souk: Don’t miss crossing the Dubai Creek to visit the gold, perfume and spice souks of Deira. The gold is 24 carat the best quality money can buy. There are several stores filled to the top with gold jewelry – so much so that you can see the shine of gold from afar.
- Other Malls: Check out City Center, Burjuman, Lamcy Plaza, Wafi City and Gold Market at Deira as well for fabulous shopping and entertainment options.
- Burj al Arab: This sail-shaped building is a true 7-Star, and also the world’s tallest hotel. Be sure to pay the entry fee and check out the hotel top to bottom. It’s worth it.
- Dubai Museum at Al Fahidi Fort: Built in 1787, the museum is the oldest building in Dubai. Here you’ll find dioramas that represent the city’s lifestyle before oil was discovered.
- Burj Khalifa: The tallest building in the world offers the most stunning views of Dubai from its observation deck on the 122nd floor. It’s worth every penny.
- Beaches: Dubai has several beautiful beaches, most of them belonging to 5-star hotels, resorts and private clubs. There are several public beaches with patrolled swimming areas, playgrounds, barbeque sites, food kiosks, eateries and other amenities.
Dubai clubs and bars are usually located in large hotels and are open till the early hours. Many of these hotels invite big-name DJs, singers and international performers to perform. There is a dress code though – no jeans and sandals, please. If you want something simpler, try some hot and sweet Arabian coffee and a few puffs of aromatic tobacco from a shisha (hookah) pipe at a waterfront stall.
Dubai wouldn’t be what it is without its restaurants, eateries and beachside stalls! Right from the 7-Start Burj-al-Arab to star hotels, many run by Michelin-starred gourmet cafes. Dubai has gastronomic options to fit every budget and taste. Be sure to sample as many cuisines as you can!
Other articles you will love:
Love this article? Pin it for later!